preschoolgrad.jpgThere’s no doubt that hundreds of busy, graduating seniors have no idea what the hell they’re supposed to be doing right now in terms of buying caps, gowns and all that other goodness. At least, the Clog doesn’t have any idea. Then again, we’re the kind of people without feelings–the ones who just wanna snatch the degree and go without subjecting ourselves to a ritual that evokes the thorny pain of retrospect and the even thornier pain of not knowing what to do with our lives.

But thanks to the Senior Class Council, we can’t avoid that pain forever! Yes, the council will host a myriad of events all this week to make it easier for disorganized seniors to get it together and hopefully bond with the other thousands of graduates who will clog up the Greek Theater come May 13.

Seniors, have your credit card ready–pick up commencement tickets (Craigslist will speak!), caps, gowns and a senior sweatshirt at your friendly neighborhood Grad Fair vendor on Lower Sproul Plaza.

Other notable events include:

- The Golden Apple Award lecture by Professor Ananya Roy
- A nostalgia-tinged movie on Memorial Glade
- A Giants vs. Padres baseball game
- Painting the Big C

A $30 Senior Week ticket gets you access to most of the events that involve food.

There was supposed to be a boat dance, too, but the council canceled it–much to the dismay of many people who expressed their disappointment on the senior class Facebook wall. A little birdie tells us there were multiple reasons for this, including cost and the fact that the Senior Class Council would only be able to book the Red and White Fleet. Cal students simply hate dancing on cardinal-crimson vessels.

In any case, the Clog wishes all seniors a happy Senior Week full of “unity and spirit.”

Image Source: Gideon Tsang under Creative Commons
seniors.berkeley.edu [Website]
UC Berkeley Class of 2008 [Facebook]

xrumer php nuke mod said:

A powerful share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit evaluation on this. And he actually bought me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! Nevertheless yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I truly feel strongly about it and enjoy reading much more on this topic. If potential, as you turn out to be expertise, would you thoughts updating your weblog with a lot more particulars? It’s highly valuable for me. Huge thumb up for this weblog put up!

Kaci Prinzivalli said:

Hey!
I’m extremely amusedby your interesting blog Will surely come back to your blog again.
Lord bless yahoo for pointing me here.

Louis Doubrava said:

I wanted to send a remark to be able to thank you for all the nice advice you are writing on this website. My time-consuming internet lookup has at the end been recognized with excellent details to write about with my best friends. I ‘d assume that many of us site visitors are very much blessed to be in a useful place with so many marvellous people with interesting secrets. I feel extremely happy to have used your web page and look forward to some more amazing moments reading here. Thanks again for everything.

Thnkx so much for this! I havent been this moved by a post for a long time! You have got it, whatever that means in blogging. Anyway, You are certainly somebody that has something to say that people should hear. Keep up the wonderful work. Keep on inspiring the people!