After discovering the latest omen of the world’s coming demise, the Clog encourages Berkeley students to put down their books and enjoy their short-lived time on earth.

You know your art project succeeds when your school’s paper picks up the story, then Drudge Report features it and now a school across the country takes notice.

The Paper Trail reports that Yale art major Aliza Shvarts decided to artificially inseminate herself multiple times while inducing miscarriages throughout a nine-month period. Yes, you read that correctly. But that’s not the end of the story.

No, she didn’t get the semen from the football team. No, she’s not collecting her … uhh … media in Tupperware. The twist? It’s performance art fiddling with public reaction. We don’t think it ever happened, save for the thought coming from Shvarts’ brain and the words from her mouth.

Then the Yale officials and Shvarts had a little conversation through the media. It goes a little something like this:

Yale: “She did not impregnate herself and that she did not induce any miscarriages. The entire project is an art piece, a creative fiction designed to draw attention to the ambiguity surrounding form and function of a woman’s body.”

Shvarts: Everything is uncertain! There’s no certainty whether the piece did or did not happen.

(One helluva night, eh?)

Yale: Oh hell nah! She’s just denying. She’s lying to the media. Wolf! Wolf!

Shvarts: Haha. Why are you hatin’? We’re in this together, baby, and you’re coming down with me.

It’s a battle of she said/they said, and it’s true: there’s no certainty whether the project did or did not happen. We’re leaning toward a “No,” but perhaps we’re going to have to get “Mythbusters” on this case.

‘Til then, beware of any over-eager Yalie trying to get into your pants.

Image Source: miss pupik under Creative Commons
Yale Student Turns (Maybe) Abortions Into Art Project [Paper Trail]
Earlier: Berkeley Professor Authorized Torture in 2003 Memo