The semester’s winding down, and you’re likely sick of anything that doesn’t involve watching tired old television reruns until your brains leak out your ears. But in case bumming around in that glamorous pink sweatshirt isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be, the Cal Career Center is hosting its annual Just in Time Job Fair this week at the Pauley Ballroom. Apr. 23 features science and engineering opportunities, while Apr. 24 will find the ballroom host to business companies and public service providers, in addition to a number of holdovers from the previous day.

Possible future employers include IBM, Microsoft, Nike China, PG&E and a handful of investment groups, but if making scads of money on Wall Street and retiring to frolic comfortably ever after in Hawaii isn’t your idea of a life well lived, consider traveling to save humanity in Africa with the Peace Corps, or rigging George Clooney’s car with the CIA as a foreign intelligence operative.

It’s not all in the spirit of mockery either–the agency was distributing handouts of various job and internship opportunities available to students at the last job fair, one of which detailed the job skills, street smarts, and psychological profile needed to become an operative of the National Clandestine Service. No joke.

So sally forth, young grasshopper, and land that dream job! The fair also has the added incentive of getting the parental unit off your back for the rest of the summer. Not that you needed the reminder.

Image Source: equaljusticeworks under Creative Commons
Just In Time Job Fair [Career Center]