Two days after a gunman shot and killed an alleged drug dealer on Durant Avenue, Berkeley’s got another shooting on its hands. This one took place around 3 p.m. this afternoon, at the intersection of Dwight Way and Martin Luther King Jr. The 17-year-old boy, who was shot by another male teenager, managed to flag down a teacher driving by in her car. Eventually, the teacher notified police officers, and paramedics transported the injured victim to the hospital. We’re happy to report that this one doesn’t end as grimly as the other ones have — the victim’s alive and well, if a bit incapacitated about the abdomen area. Which is perhaps due to having been shot there. Yes.

Witnesses claim the young suspect fled the area by jumping over fences. Sound ridiculous? About as ridiculous as the fact that he’s described to have been between the ages of 15 and 17. Maybe people are suffering from heat-induced hallucinations. Maybe it’s so easy to procure a gun these days that it’s common for 15-year-old kids to stuff them into their backpacks and take them to school. We know which scenario we’d prefer.

Image Source: ruminatrix under Creative Commons
17-year-old wounded in shooting near school [CBS5.com]
17-year-old boy shot in Berkeley [SF Chron]

:( said:

haha! what a great forum in which to display your witty, substanceless writing style. lets get snarky about local shootings!

Berkeley Mom said:

In this case both kids were B-Tech students, known to each other and to their school, which is a subset of Berkeley High. Their Principal said he had just seen both kids at the end of school – “made eye contact” and both seemed fine.

Glad no one’s dead this time.

As I web site possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling great , appreciate it for your hard work. You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.