The ruling in the suit over construction at the Memorial Stadium oak grove is expected this coming Wednesday. Do hear that heavenly music? It’s angels sighing.

You thought the whole thing was dead, didn’t you? The Clog had let the issue lie, nothing was going on (except continuous living in trees and occasional animal-like calls). But now, we might smell a hint of closure.

The ruling was expected earlier in March, but the arguments were extended for extra expert testimony about the Hayward fault. In the meantime–and we can’t believe we’re admitting this–we sorta forgot about the whole issue.

The campus will hold a press conference after this week’s ruling. How will you celebrate/commiserate?

Image Source: Shamim Pakzad, Daily Cal
Ruling in Stadium Suit Expected Wednesday [Daily Cal]

salsa said:
Jun 16, 2008 at 7:01 pm

With a yawn? This is a wildly misguided “cause”– there’s no end to real injustice out there. [sigh]

Orange said:
Jun 16, 2008 at 7:39 pm

Did someone set up a lemonade stand? Make money off the gawkers? Next protest will be decrying U.C. faculty and students breathing air — it hurts the eco-system . Carbon dioxide comes out of their lungs — that’s bad — must end it now or the world will end..!

Eric said:
Jun 16, 2008 at 8:00 pm

Has anyone set up a facebook event for a mass pointing and laughing when they finally give the trees a hippiectomy? If not, I’ll totally do it.

Oh, and to any of you inclined to gasp and accuse me of being ignorant, insensitive, or a Republican:
I’m an environmentalist, a planning geek, and a pragmatist, and I probably have spent more time on this than you. The center should be built, the center should be built on this site, and–sorry–but the trees have to go. But not as much as the tree-sitters need to go. Frankly, the tree sitters have probably made the trees suicidal by now; they want to be cut down.

Aaron said:
Jun 17, 2008 at 12:37 am

The sooner we can stop this farce of a protest and finally put an end to our campus being the nation’s laughingstock, the better it will be for all of us.

I’m now not positive the place you’re getting your information, however great topic. I must spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thank you for magnificent information I was searching for this information for my mission.