Missing. A few weeks ago, we learned that a car belonging to a missing Rice University student hailing from Oklahoma was found on Allston Way. We didn’t know much about the case then, but now it looks as if Matthew Wilson, an apparent computer science genius, just wanted to disappear altogether. He may even possess another identity.

The Oakland Tribune points to Matt Wilson’s longing for UC Berkeley as a possible reason for his choice to leave Texas. He passed up the chance to go to the No. 1 public university in the world after receiving a full ride at Rice–but so far, there are no transcript requests at the institution that would indicate an intention to transfer to Cal.

Solve a mystery and join the search for Matt this weekend. The search team meets at 9 a.m. on Saturday, across from the Berkeley High School football field, and at 2 p.m. on Sunday. They need 20 more volunteers!

Image Source: Rice University
Find Matthew Wilson [Web Site]
Search for missing Rice University student in Berkeley this weekend [Oakland Tribune]
Earlier: Car of Missing Texas Student Found on Allston Way

Psychic Advice said:
Jul 12, 2008 at 6:19 am

Great blog, subscribed to your rss feed. Thanks.

BigSherm said:
Jul 12, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Leave him alone! It’s obvious that the guy wanted to get away. There is absolutely NO evidence that he is a subject of foul play.

If the dude wants to go off by himself, he’s got every right to do so.

LittleSherm said:
Jul 14, 2008 at 6:51 pm

He does seem like the poster boy of young adults being bothered by parents that don’t get it the kid has grown up.

Still, she wants to know he is alive and well and has promised to leave him alone once she knows that.

May not be likely, but the balance of power will have shifted in his favor — especially now that he sees that most of the rest of the world agrees with HIM. whoooosh out of the vacuum….

___