As expected, Zachary RunningWolf will run for mayor of Berkeley. You could have sniffed this one a mile away when he tacked on the dump-Mayor-Tom-Bates campaign to the tree-sit, his favorite current pet cause. What’s more newsworthy, though, is that RunningWolf has a functional Website, including a blog and PayPal donations.

A sign outside the tree-sit proudly advertised the new site, RunningWolf for Mayor (dot.org, puh-leaze!). RunningWolf bills himself a man of all peoples, of the environment, of bikes and anti-gown and all that good stuff. He makes sure that his public knows he’s a leader dedicated to his interests:

Also Shirley Dean has annouced she is running for mayor and claims to be a “Grandmother For The Oaks”! She has been to the oak grove less times then i can count on both hands and was never shoved or harassed by police trying to get food and water to treesitters. Dean is clearly using the treesit to her own political advantage, even though she has not been an intricle part.

Of course no one should ever use the tree-sit to their political advantage, right, de facto leader of the tree-sit who’s also running for mayor? Right.

Back in 2006, RunningWolf previously ran for mayor, garnering only 5 percent of the vote. Bates won out with 63 percent, crushing our hero’s dream. Perhaps RunningWolf is banking on the lesser known saying that the second time is, in fact, the charm.

Image Source: Ethan Strauss
RunningWolf for mayor of Berkeley ’08 [Website]
Earlier: RunningWolf Announces His Bid for Mayor

Anonymous said:
Jul 21, 2008 at 12:53 am

I can’t help but notice that this blog is constantly supporting status quo while stomping on the outside folks.

It’s OK to have an opinion, but what’s a bit much about this blog is that it represents a newspaper, and should probably be a bit more neutral.

Runningwolf may be an eccentric, but if you can open your mind a bit, his ideas could work.

Of course, having a closed mind is probably easier.

MrPeabody said:
Jul 21, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Runningwolf wants to run Berkeley? Tell him to learn to spell first:

annouced?
intricle?

Beetle said:
Jul 21, 2008 at 2:27 pm

Sometimes the status quo exists because it’s what people decided works. Being opposed to it is nothing to be proud of on its own, and there’s no reason to respect someone merely for being different.

Being on the right side is often easier.

kyle said:

HAH Runningwolf is another Berkeley faggot. Why do these fucking liberals think they’re making a difference? Berkeley is one of the poorest cities in the bay area!

adfadsf said:
Aug 12, 2008 at 3:31 pm

the person above is so rude.

just saying.

i don’t support running wolf at all or anything, but damn. kyle, are you a little kid or something?

Alex said:

Running mouth is a violent racist. He is an oppertunist willing to use the mob (his small version) to violently impose his will on others, or intimidate the opposition into silence.

Running mouth coordinates with a loose group of traitors, dedicated to the “Atzalan” revolution, apparently in the belief that those who ran across the border to serve our corporate fascist empire are somehow brown revolutionaries against the empire they serve.

What a bunch of yahoos.

Note: I disagreed with running mouth on telegraph. He threatened my life, and drew a crowd of his supporters, who attacked me.

After I was attacked by his mob, Running Mouth led these thugs in a chant of “he swung first,” apparently to avoid group assualt charges with a group lie.

Many outside of his mob saw what happened. A member of his mob actually appoligized for participating in their attack on me.

Wow. Running mouth is a representative of dishonor and ignorance, not a revolutionary or any type of leader.

No wait. Running mouth is an indiginious leader of the Wingnut tribe.

Alex

adfadsf said:

“After I was attacked by his mob, Running Mouth led these thugs in a chant of “he swung first,” apparently to avoid group assualt charges with a group lie.”

I can readily believe this. They deny a lot of the socially and lawfully wrong things they do, while at the same time the evidence is right in front of everyone. There’s an actual example on the web somewhere where that purports this (i.e. someone posts/claims that someone was arrested for something they didn’t do, while in the pictures included in the same post, you can clearly see that person violating the law). Overall the feeling I get from the group of people he regularly attracts is one that gets pretty narrow minded, so of course his small mobs will agree to anything he says despite the reasoning of the other side.

I like RW for his surface image, but as a person who can change things and be a fair leader? helll no.