The search is over for the missing Rice University student whose abandoned car was found in Berkeley earlier this summer.

UCPD found him on campus in Dwinelle Hall last night–wearing all black–after detaining him as a possible theft suspect. Both Rice University and Wilson’s family were contacted.

Police are currently interviewing Wilson about his past eight months of activities and whereabouts.

Image Source: Rice University
UCPD Finds Missing Rice University Student [Daily Cal]
Earlier: The Search Is on for Missing Rice Student

craig said:
Aug 14, 2008 at 10:46 pm

To add some info from the San Francisco Chronicle:

– Wilson’s abandoned car contained anarchist literature and a notebook that Wilson wrote in. He wrote “”I awoke in a sweat from the American dream,” which is the title to an album by punk band Fine White China.
– “UC Berkeley police were preparing a criminal case against Wilson. Officials said he was arrested because he was found with a laptop computer with its serial number scratched off, a checkbook in another person’s name and a backpack full of tools typically used in burglaries.”

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/14/BANC12BJVF.DTL

adfadsf said:
Aug 14, 2008 at 11:15 pm

cool article. the updated picture of him…wow. he looks fiiiine….

ahem

anyway, i noticed a lot of people in the comments section labeled it as a mental illness case. that seems a bit strange to me. i mean- he could be perfectly sane, ya know? he just did something out of the norm of society- it doesn’t mean he has a mental illness. anyway, 89 dwinelle eh? i think i’ll pass by the place some time. marvel at it for a moment.

oh yes- i comment way too much on the clog. but i love the clog. <3 sorry clog for flooding you with my inane comments.

Franz Kakfa said:
Aug 18, 2008 at 4:09 pm

SO adfadsf — I take it you are a boy-crazy boy. Yeah, it sure looks like this is a case of a guy who figured out he was gay and decided to run around with his penis in greener pastures. Or something.

So the guy owns a book. Crimethinc, if you bother to read about it, is a little group of people into anarchy who are not neccessarily anarchists — with the idea that people should act in groups in such a way that is most productive — which does not always involve holding meetings, taking votes, having consensus, or having a hierarchy.

It is a way for people who do not like joining anything to be in something — it is something you can be in but do not have to join. I have been in stuff like that and it works if you are those kinds of people.

So the police are questioning him, and where is his lawyer? Does he not have one?

I hope he learned his lesson from Crimethinc about NOT talking to the police. At this point, they could give him a decent meal and he would probably start blabbing about — whatever.

What does a guy like this do, anyway, when he has decided to live the street life for a while ? Hang out on the internet, sleep on the grass, look for a good place to pee, bum money for food, find some items that can be appropriated, — the typical street-life doings.

They say he is a non-smoker, so at least he did not have to spend 6 hours a day asking people for a cigarette.

nice people said:
Aug 21, 2008 at 1:19 pm

This Bridget Melson, of Trinity Search and Recovery, pretended she was the Wilsons’ friend, and then tried to get the police to press weird, trumped-up conspiracy charges against him. Somebody PLEASE expose this quack!!

Read this link: http://www.berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2008-08-21/article/30874?headline=Missing-Student-Returns-Home-After-DA-Drops-Theft-Charges

——

free mobile texts and minutes said:

It is a revelation for many of us when you find great guidance accessible online.sim only deal

Good website! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I might be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a great day!

Wacław Symanski said:

web proxy site said:

What you have here it is a great article. But first of all I must say all every one. Hello. After this I must say that I will post http://clog.dailycal.org/2008/08/14/matthew-wilson-found/ on my Twitter profile. And this because at long last I found what I was looking for. What you share here is really the best information. When I saw this tittle, The Daily Clog » Matthew Wilson Found, on my google search I was very glad. Maybe I found something with the same ideea here http://www.toplevel-proxy.com , I’m not sure but I thing it was the same. Thank you

Bulah Boshart said:

hello!,I really like your writing so so much! share we communicate extra approximately your article on AOL? I need a specialist in this space to unravel my problem. Maybe that is you! Having a look forward to see you.

Carpet cleaner hire glasgow said:

What you posted was very logical. But, consider this, suppose you were to create a awesome headline? I mean, I don’t wish to tell you how to run your blog, but what if you added something that grabbed folk’s attention? I mean The Daily Clog » Matthew Wilson Found is kinda vanilla. You could peek at Yahoo’s home page and note how they create post titles to grab viewers to click. You might add a video or a picture or two to get readers interested about everything’ve got to say. In my opinion, it could bring your posts a little livelier.

kukeilari said:

moncler long down coat
The cds are employed intended exchange for stocking the slither images things primarily. Disinterested so what well-intentioned of info will be stored on the tight disk fully is dependent upon the individualistic stocking the skid images. Because of prototype, the academician may betray the slink images with his individuals on the compacted disk. That solid disk while using close disk envelopes, may include the info with college scholar, his caption, his thicken older, his direction signifies,http://www.cheap-monclerdownjackets.com/
his last assessment signifies as well as the summation with his terminated almost all tasks. This can irrevocably facilitate the college trainee as understandably as the lecturer to be proficient to discuss each aspect from the individuals as well as his performance that is getting saved from the compact disk.cheap-monclerdownjackets.com/