Zachary RunningWolf tries his best, he really does. As of Aug. 11, though, RunningWolf is disqualified from the Berkeley mayoral race for failing to obtain enough valid signatures on his nomination form.

Honestly, we commiserate with the activist-of-all-trades–paperwork is a bitch. Or maybe he’s just bad at math? Candidates had to collect 20 valid signatures. RunningWolf only had 18.

Perhaps names like “Dumpster Muffin” cost RunningWolf’s qualification? We may never know, but we think it’s likely there’s a conspiracy theory behind all of this.

Image Source: Ethan Strauss
Four Candidates Disqualified From the Local November Ballot [Daily Cal]
Earlier: RunningWolf Branches Out to Online

adfadsf said:
Aug 14, 2008 at 11:33 pm

gasp! i was just commenting earlier and woah to my surprise more clog articles! *pets clog*

wow 20 signatures. geez. how hard is it to get 20 signatures? anyone i know could probably get that much just within one day, with enough determination. stand in front of some chruch/building/business. knock on doors. walk up to people…

anyway, i noticed a recent flood of articles today. is this normal, or are you guys also procrastinating on studying for summer finals? or is there some type of deadline about clog articles that exists…in the universe…somewhere?

Blah said:

Wow, too much time protesting, and too little time spending an hour gathering signatures. FAIL.

kia hamzelou said:
Aug 18, 2008 at 9:40 pm

on a more sincere and honest note, it seems very hard to get 20 people to seriously bid their vote to you. i can’t even get 20 people to join my club.

adfadsf said:

joining a club (aka spending hours doing something you might not even being intersted in) is way different from getting 20 signatures. i’ve ran for office before at my high school before (requiring signatures to run, of course) and asking for signatures is no sweat at all. of course high school is different from the real world, but 20 legitimate signatures is a no brainer. you go up to residencies/businesses (to people who actually LIVE in berkeley), ask if they’re registered to vote, and kindly ask for their signature/give reasons why.

they don’t even have to vote for you in the long run. all that is asked is that these people are registered to vote in Berkeley.

if these people can’t even do this simple task competently, then why are they even trying to run?