Two out of the three plaintiffs that sued good ol’ UCB back in 2006 for building code violations withdrew their antics. Apparently they were–don’t sue us for the bad joke–barking up the wrong tree. UC Berkeley spokeman Dan Mogulof is quoted to be “very pleased” with these motions. Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Meanwhile, Cloggers at the Daily Cal wonder what will be left to scorn once the tree-sitters come back down to Earth.

Image Source: Skyler Reid, Daily Cal
Berkeley tree-grove supporters withdraw motion [Inside BayArea]
Earlier: The San Francisco Chronicle Talks About Life on the Median

kia hamzelou said:
Aug 18, 2008 at 9:32 pm

what do you mean by good ol’ ucb? the administration that makes decisions without giving a hoot that it’s OUR tuition money? dan mogulof only cares about profit and sports (which equal profit). he has never said anything about the athletic center being good for students, so this is why i side with the tree sitters. i think the football players can walk accross campus to the RSF if they want to work out just like i do. there is no reason to spend millions of our dollars on a new athletic center that only a few students can use.

i just had to reply because what you have to say is annoyingly biased with no grounds.

theLorax said:
Aug 18, 2008 at 10:05 pm

I don’t understand freaking out about a department’s attempts to generate revenue to be self-sufficient. Good teams bring in good alumni donations. It may not be the strongest link in the world, but it does make sense.

(Not to detail how every gameday comes with a bump to local businesses (have you ever tried to get lunch on Telegraph on the afternoon of a gameday? It is like Disneyworld-level queues. Local businesses should be all up ons the opportunity to support the university.)

I used to cut through the Oak Groves about 3 times a week and they were not really cared for by students and chock-a-block with discarded refuse and the like. Where were the tree-sitters then?

Sports save lives said:
Aug 18, 2008 at 10:59 pm

Guess what guys? Sports are fully self-sufficient. They pay for themselves.

Guess what else? The better your sports do [specifically football], the greater your alumni donation rate is?