Two men were taken into custody yesterday by the UCPD in connection with the robbery of a Clark Kerr dorm three weeks ago. 21-year-olds Gary Doxy and R.J. Garrett, both ex-football players, are alleged to have held four of their peers at gunpoint while demanding wallets and laptops. Turns out the gun was a BB gun. Not that that makes it all better or anything.

Significantly, police say that the robbery may have been incited by some racial slurs–ones that a drunk white male crew member allegedly made during the course of a party. News of the slurs is believed to have eventually reached Doxy and Garrett, who then allegedly proceeded to stick up two members of the crew team and some incidental roommates. Specifically, police believe they robbed crew members who hadn’t made the offensive comments themselves. Come again?

(Note: Post edited for accuracy.)

Image Source: macwagen under Creative Commons
Two UC Berkeley Students Arrested in Connection With Clark Kerr Armed Robbery [Daily Cal]

shady.shady.shady said:

i heard that the athletics coaches asked the student who was harassed not to file a complaint when the crew team aaharassed her to avoid bad publicity, is that true???

live camera said:

wow, im seriously impressed with this website but i cant click on the other links. You might wanna make sure your site works in Netscape cuz you know that browser acts up sometimes.