If you’re trans, androgynous, or genderqueer, it can get kinda hairy when it comes to finding friendly bathrooms. But now you can check before you go out (or on your iPhone if you’re cool like that) where to find a gender-neutral restroom. Single stall jobs and shared spaces included.

Right now, Berkeley doesn’t have too many offerings on the site, but we’re sure there’s more out there. San Francisco currently has 140 listed (it figures).

And you know, you–the general public you–can benefit too. Need a moment of privacy? We totally feel ya.

Image Source: Scott Beale/Laughing Squid under Creative Commons
safe2pee.org [Site]
Earlier: Meet Clint Eastwood

John said:

Love this article. So conscientious of the “typical” Berkeley student!

dumb adn dumber said:

Maybe they can rename them to Freshmen Stress Reliever Boxes.

adfadsf said:

why can’t they just call it ‘restroom’?

for ‘restrooms’ simply and only called ‘restrooms’, don’t discriminate between gender and sex. it is merely a ‘restroom’ restroom. and that is all it will ever be.

Panda said:

adfadsf stfu

Think Girl » How To: Find a Gender-Neutral Restroom said:

[...] If you’re trans, androgynous, or genderqueer, it can get kinda hairy when it comes to finding friendly bathrooms. But now you can check before you go out (or on your iPhone if you’re cool like that) where to find a gender-neutral restroom. Single stall jobs and shared spaces included.Visit Safe2Pee From The Daily Clog  [...]

Stephanie said:

the public health library has a male/female/transgender/… restroom! non-discriminatory, just ask for the key at the circulation desk.

Hi there this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!