nativeburialground

Native American artifacts were not found by William Self Associates, Inc., which released a report yesterday detailing their investigation of the future site for the Student Athlete High Performance Center.

Those not in the loop should know one of the many arguments against building on the grove was its possible status and eventual desecration as a Native American burial ground should the center be built on top of existing Native American remains.

But a testing program was implemented that entailed drilling 31 holes in key areas of the grove, 20 of which went to a depth of 35 feet. Among the 31 samples collected, two held “historic-era” pieces of brick, charcoal, coal and ceramics, while most of the samples held fill material from Memorial Stadium’s original 1923 construction.

Even though the dig found nothing of note, it does urge consideration of the area as archaeologically sensitive and recommends monitoring the site.

Suitably, a representative of the Ohlone tribe was on-site during the project to make sure any artifacts found were treated in accordance with tribal law and traditions.

Image Source: Kanaka’s Paradise Life under Creative Commons
Archaeological study complete at athletic facility construction site [NewsCenter]

Sludge said:
Jan 11, 2009 at 10:40 am

Based on the tiny area selected to test, the alleged conclusion that the area did not contain artifacts is absurd. I guess there were no scientists involved in the study and of course it was NEVER PEER REVIEWED. This whole article is FLUFF. No content. Look students, you need to discriminate between “information” which is fatally flawed, perhaps intentionally so to support a preconceived conclusion and actual scientifically based information. Remember, garbage In garbage OUT. You will be impaired in attempting to make rational decisions, if you fall into the trap of accepting BullSh** as legitimate information. Think, learn and be careful, you live in a Society dedicated to promoting SPAM information for political and personal profit.

adfadsf said:
Jan 12, 2009 at 1:05 pm

i wonder how much money this testing costed.

i remember once, on a post made on a website somewhere, the oak people wrote something protesting against the arrest of those who participated in the planting of that oak seed at the chancellor’s place. the poster claimed that the people were arrested for “alleged tree planting,” when on the very same page there were pictures of said people planting the seed in action. the oak people aren’t very bright (logically), but they do know how to be drama queens about everything.

they also know how to be blatent hypocrites, so one can’t really trust their own convictions even on basic terms.

Internet casino » How to Win at Playing Casino Games - Cheat the House now! said:

[...] hits usually pays 35:1. Shop around and you may find different probabilities that are tough to turn down. And, if you are past most casinos, don’t even think of calling. Of a Chinese game a number [...]

sexcam said:

hiho im seriously feeling your article but the other links arent working. You might want make sure your site works in Netscape cuz you know that browser can act up sometimes.

starting your down business said:

I Dont know if you will find the humor in this but I was searching for information on a research paper about TD Ameritrade and somehow from clicking through several links I stumbled here! The fact that I am commenting goes to show I will do anything to procrastinate!

Buster Lattanzio said:

Hi!
I’m extremely amusedby your interesting site Will definitely come back to your site again.
Lord bless google for pointing me here.