This adorable puppy's excited. Aren't you?If the first day of classes isn’t a good enough reason for you to drag your ass out of bed before noon on Tuesday, then maybe a chance to witness history will do the trick, instead. For those of you who have been living under impossibly large, sound-proof, magic rocks, Jan. 20 will mark the inauguration of President Barack Obama, and Chancellor Birgeneau has invited members of the campus community to watch it together on a big screen on Upper Sproul Plaza.

This means you! Yes, even you, who were inexplicably living under a rock, and can’t make it over to the Oracle Arena in Oakland (maybe because, uh, you have class?), can feel like you’re a part of it all, and all for the low, low price of free. Priceless, indeed.

Don’t expect too much of an Election Night-esque fuss, though. Chancellor Birgeneau made it clear in his e-mail that class is not, in any way, canceled in honor of the occasion. In any event, the broadcast is scheduled to start at 7:30 a.m. (yikes), the university’s “formal program” kicks off at 8:15 a.m. (yikes again) and the BMOC will be taking the Presidential Oath of Office at 9 a.m.

Image Source: Brian Hathcock under Creative Commons
Viewing: Inauguration of President Barack H. Obama [UC Berkeley Events Calendar]