Sunday Shout-Out picks out the week’s stories that simply slipped our minds.

* UC Berkeley received lots of apps but will only admit less than 10% of applicants. Blame the Man. [NewsCenter]

* The Daily Cal Arts blog convinced us to go see indie comedy “Humpday,” but then again, it is about porn. [Arts: It's What's for Blog]

* Relive Berkeley’s happiest day in recent history. [Daily Cal]

* Oh look, Beetle’s back. [Beetle Beat]

Image Source: Salgu Wissmath, Daily Cal The Little Mermaid buy
Earlier: Daily Cal Serves Up the Lolz

Beetle said:
Jan 26, 2009 at 12:31 am

I’ve been back for over a month now, and I don’t think you can mention me in a post about “Anything But ASUC Junk.”

goofy said:
Jan 26, 2009 at 4:28 pm

“only admit less than 10% of applicants”

you need to learn to read. We accept about or around 23-24%; and out of that number, a significant amount of persons do not chose Cal. 10% is usually The Harvard range.

Beetle, I do not want a recall that takes money from all of us students. tell the ASUC that all students should be polled, and info taken, and that anyone who supports the recall or participates in it, then they should bear the costs out of their own pockets –and not the general student body.

It seems to fun to play with other people’s money. Just look at our own Federal Government. They are having a ball or a great time, funding this and that at whims — because it is not their money.

Christine Borden said:
Jan 26, 2009 at 4:38 pm

goofy, I don’t know what you’re referencing in terms of 23-24%. I got my numbers from the NewsCenter piece:

“At UC Berkeley, 48,627 California residents, non-residents and international students applied for fall 2009 freshman admission”

“UC Berkeley plans to offer fall admission to approximately 4,300 new freshmen”

So 4,300 out of 48,627 is 8.8%, or less than 10%. Or am I missing something here?