After discovering the latest omen of the world’s coming demise, the Clog encourages Berkeley students to put down their books and enjoy their short-lived time on earth.

It may be karma or just bad luck, but after the last Sign of the Apocalypse, it looks like animals are getting payback.

Get this: Yesterday, a Stamford, Conn. woman was attacked and sustained pretty serious injuries from a chimpanzee with nearly Hulk-like strength and rage.

The chimp’s owner gave him tea laced with Xanax to no avail. After the first attack, the simian suffered several (not so) serious stab wounds, also with little effect. Finally, a police officer had to shoot him in self-defense after the chimpanzee opened the officer’s car door and cornered the man.

The whole snafu ended with Rasputimp (actually his name is Travis) limping back to his room, complete with bed and other comfortable furnishings, where he was found dead.

An officer from the Stamford Police Department said Travis’ unusual behavior is thought to have been caused by Lyme disease. Such a tragedy, as apparently the chimp could browse the interwebs, dress and bathe himself and drink wine from fancy stemmed glasses.

Image Source: TruShu under Creative Commons
Police kill pet chimp after woman is injured [The Boston Globe]
Woman Mauled by Chimpanzee ‘Extremely Critical’ [NY Times]
Earlier: Mee-ouch!

Joe said:
Feb 18, 2009 at 4:43 am

a CNN commentator made a good point about the impossibility of ever truly domesticating a wild animal, no matter how much a person might want it to to be domesticated

We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with useful information to work on. You’ve done an impressive task and our whole community can be grateful to you.