On Wednesday, the skirts will have it. A variety of groups on campus–Berkeley NOW, V-Day and Women’s Identity and Sexuality Small Group–will host a protest of sorts in response to the spate of recent sexual assaults around campus. Last week we blogged about the skirt creeper, but just this weekend he’s added two more assaults to his growing tally.

The rally’s designed to let women “feel safe wearing whatever we choose,” which is important considering that the Daily Cal states that the most recent victims were not wearing skirts. Seriously, someone needs to mace this guy.

When: Wednesday, Mar. 4
Time: 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Upper Sproul Plaza

Image Source: bnittoli under Creative Commons
SKIRT RALLY [Facebook]
Two more Berkeley skirt-lifting attacks [SF Chron]
Two Additional Victims Assaulted in Ongoing Series [Daily Cal]

Diggy Zazz said:

Surely no harm can come from merely fondling a young woman’s buttocks. It is done in Italy by strangers all the time.

GQ said:

I think we’ve found the perpetrator coughDiggyZazzcough.

Go back to italy, douche bag.

A D L said:

LOL. no, really, not okay in Italy either.

anyways this event is ridiculous and obsolete. are you fighting ideology or are you fighting a pervert? (if the guy shows up to admit his wrongdoings, discuss women’s rights, yadayada, i stand corrected.)

Cuatro32 said:

This rally could really help spread awareness and empower the womyn of Cal, but also the womyn of the Berkeley community. Womyn should be able to wear what they want and feel safe.

p.s.
we do need to mace this douchbag.

seeconrun said:

this is a sick hate crime against women.

Brock Keeling said:

what’s a womyn?

spurtTANG said:

This is nuckin futz!

BG said:

I really liked the event!

elmo69812 said:

I love to see women in skirts & dresses too,but that doesn’t mean free grabs.have some kind of self respect. i didn’t know there were so many inconsiderate “DUMBASSESS” in the world.it takes a real fuckin’ idiot to think it’s ok to do that to anyone who doesn’t want it.what fun could it be to have sex with a unwilling person.GET A REAL LIFE BEFORE YOU LOSE THIS ONE..

Evante Garza-Licudine said:

The Daily Cal has a video on the rally here.

kilim cushion said:

Very helpfull. Thanks.

mydirtyhobby said:

You can certainly see your skills in the work you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.

what is electronics said:

Get popular electronics…..

[...]The details talked about within the write-up are several of the top accessible [...]…

Kimberley Fabienne Schreiber said:

Have you ever thought about writing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites? I have a blog based upon on the same information you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

mydirtyhobby said:

I have read several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to make such a magnificent informative site.

fly mouse said:

Excellent submit and straight on the point. I’m not convinced if this really is basically the best place to ask but do you people have any ideas on where to employ some professional writers? Thank you in advance.

Transgenic Mice said:

Have you ever thought about publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would value your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.

Florene Shaper said:

Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!…

Forex ea said:

I gotta favorite this web site it seems invaluable very useful

Teens Summer Camps said:

Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any recommendations?

CFNM Parties said:

Hey! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I’m getting fed up of WordPress because I’ve had issues with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Security Light said:

Thank you so much for giving everyone an exceptionally marvellous chance to read from this blog. It’s always very sweet and also stuffed with a great time for me and my office colleagues to visit the blog at the least 3 times per week to read through the fresh stuff you have got. Not to mention, I am just actually astounded considering the surprising secrets served by you. Certain 3 points in this posting are essentially the most suitable we have had.

Construccion de enlaces said:

I love what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve included you guys to my blogroll.

enlaces de forex said:
Jun 16, 2012 at 2:29 am

Buena nota