.!.

In a world currently witnessing a tragic decline in the journalism industry—a situation so dire it merits holidays such as this—it’s nice to know there are aspiring young writers out there still willing to throw themselves under the bus.

We’re not just talking a handful of deluded students. Word on the street is universities across the country are reporting a bizarrely large influx of applicants eager to earn a degree in our woefully stricken field. Apparently the numbers just keep climbing. Hooray for new recruits! Now when we graduate we’ll have plenty of equally homeless, starving artist friends.

And to those who doubt the immortality of this institution, we have one thing to say: Shun the non-believer! SHUUUUUUUN! (And you thought the video was totally unrelated.)

Charlie the Unicorn [YouTube]
Journalism Still the Popular Kid in School [College Media Matters]

Educated Nation--Counterintuitive Increase in Journalism Majors | Educated Nation | Higher Education Blog said:

[...] Cal Berkeley blog, The Daily Clog, has a funny post up about it (with a video about what happens to [...]

Rob Bermanton said:

If this trend continues, eventually all newspapers will just be commentaries on other newspapers, which will be full of advertisements.

Counterintuitive Increase in Journalism Majors « Free Educational Resources for Students & Teachers said:

[...] Cal metropolis blog, The Daily Clog, has a queer place up most it (with a video most what happens to [...]