Believe it or not, the skirt creeper story is a big deal–perhaps even bigger outside the Berkeley campus. Here’s what the local media had to say about Wednesday’s skirt rally.

* Daily Planet has a sick editorial cartoon. And we don’t mean “sick” in a good way. [Daily Planet]

* Video from the Daily Cal. Just say “no” to fear. [YouTube]

* San Jose Merc came all the way up for this? Their tale puts the estimate at 50 people. [Merc]

* This one’s complete with almost up-the-skirt shots and the phrase “this DEEviant.” [CBS 5]

* This guy tells us that the predator “puts his fingers basically where they don’t belong” and reassures us it’s not a “prank.” NSS. [KRON]

* To be honest, we’re just linking to this guy ’cause he quoted us. [MSNBC]

* Unfortunately, leggings are not a defense–they are a response to cold temperatures. [ABC7]

* Good photos, but this story wasn’t a priority for the Chron what with Prop. 8 and all. [SF Chron]

And for something related but not related to the rally …

Police released pictures of clothes they believe the skirt creeper wore. The Daily Cal has one picture up. But wait–if he already dumped these clothes, how is this going to help us recognize him? Are we to believe that he has an exact replica of the jacket he just dumped? Scratch your head on that one.

Image Source: Berkeley Police Department
Earlier: Skirts to Rally in Response to Local Sexual Assaults

Silly Gooses said:

The photos of the alleged “clothing” could possibly lead to tips from people who know him and recognize those clothes.

ed said:

shouldn’t they be more concerned about all of the armed robbery going on around campus?

panda said:

these chicks r hawt. fap fap fap fap fap.