2655_55551333386_501058386_1594844_7296732_n

But still no news on whether Israel is going to ‘pull out’ of Gaza. (Might be a little NSFW.)

2655_55551343386_501058386_1594845_2119048_n-11

Hey, we’re not perpetuating stereotypes, we’re just passing them on to you.

Image Source: Matthew White
Earlier: No Clothes or Limits in the Stacks

Edie said:

Oh, Ruby. You would.

yaman said:

Aw, what a cute way to cover up mass murder!

Just jealous, Yaman said:

We saved you some, Yaman. Just ask.

MDL said:

The condoms were a big hit at the Pride festival in San Francisco last year.

If you’re in SF for the Pride festivities Yaman, be sure to look for the Israeli flags. I know we’ll have plenty of condoms to give out and I’d be more than happy to make sure you got your fill.

Long Live Israel!

Psh said:

You’re one to talk, Yaman. I’m sure supporting a country with such a shining human rights record as Syria is just a walk in the park!

yaman said:

Sorry, dead children are a big turnoff for me. Maybe not for you?

DrMike said:

Yaman’s self-righteousness is entirely unjustified; has there ever been even a suggestion that the deaths of Israeli civilians from Qassam rockets are even a slight problem? or that Israel has ANY right to protect its own civilians?

Children murdered by Qassam rockets:

Dorit Binisian age 2, Sderot
Yuval Abebah, age 4 Sderot
Afik Zahavi (Ohayun) age 4 Sderot
Ella Abukasis, age 17, Sderot

pictures are at http://www.zionism-israel.com/vic/sderot1.htm

yes, you will note that three of them were people of color– because Israel is a multiethnic society.

Oh? said:

That’s okay if it doesn’t turn you on. We know libel is more YOUR fetish.

yaman said:

DrMike, I’m sorry to hear about those victims. If you give me time, I’ll give you the names of the 1400 that Israel killed over winter break. I know from a racist perspective, 1400 Palestinians = 14 Israelis, but for the rest of the world, the disproportion is obvious–your tokenism notwithstanding.

The elder of Ziyon said:

The PCHR just released a report saying that in Gaza, 960 of the dead were civilians and 474 were “fighters” or Hamas “police officers.”

As we’ve seen, the PCHR is hardly accurate in its description of who is a civilian. But we can assume that their tally of women and children victims are accurate. So therefore this is a curious statement:

The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights’ (PCHR) investigations reveal that throughout the course of the assault, Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) used excessive, indiscriminate force, in violation of the principle of distinction. This claim is evidenced by the disproportionately high rate of death amongst the civilian population, when compared to that of resistance fighters.

OK, let’s look at the numbers, according to PCHR.

PCHR says that 280 of the victims were children and 121 were women. If we assume that none of the 15-17-year old “children” were in fact “fighters,” which is clearly not true, and if we assume that half of Gazans are under 18 (the median age is 17.2) and that half of Gazans are male and half female, and if we further assume that there were 20,000 fighters, then according to PCHR’s own figures:

“Combatants” and Hamas police were 35 times more likely to be killed than civilians.
Adult males were 8.5 times more likely to be killed than adult women.
Adult males were 7 times more likely to be killed than children under 18.

When the PCHR lists the dead’s names next week, we can look at how many of the “children” were in fact males between 15-17.

Given that the terrorists were completely integrated into the civilian population, without uniforms, this is hardly evidence of “indiscriminate” force. On the contrary, it proves great care on the part of the IDF to target terrorists.

Parsing the PCHR a bit more indicates that they are not counting Hamas or Islamic Jihad members to be “combatants” if they were not actually shooting at the IDF at the time of their deaths. For example, it appears that if the IDF would shoot at an unarmed terrorist a minute after he shot a rocket into Israel, the PCHR would classify him as a “noncombatant.” The PCHR made no attempt to determine whether any of the dead were members of terror groups, only if they were (what PCHR defines as) active “combatants.” The PCHR also counts Nizar Rayyan as a civilian. The real numbers of terrorists killed is clearly much higher than what PCHR claims.

MDS said:

Hamas and other Arab Muslim terrorist groups hide behind civilians. They know dead Palestinian civilians, especially children, are good PR. Plenty of first-world dupes ready to join in their Jihad.

dietas praticas said:

Exactly what are the perfect free blogs which allow user-sponsored advertising and marketing and purchasers?

I’m glad to be a visitor of this utter site ! , thankyou for this rare details! .

Leczenie światłem said:

good day!, I enjoy your writing so much! Share we converse more about your blog post on AOL? I need a guru on this area to solve my problem. Maybe that’s you!

Currency Calculator said:

you’re really a good webmaster. The website loading velocity is incredible. It kind of feels that you’re doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you have performed a excellent job in this topic!