No, this isn't for the Real World auditions.Man, we haven’t seen lines like this since “Star Wars: Episode I” came out. For the spiritually inert and culturally oblivious souls who strolled past the epic queue this morning in a state of bleary-eyed confusion: The Dalai Lama is coming to town. People want tickets for cheap.

Thousands of students snaked around Bancroft Way and Sproul Plaza to secure access to the profoundly anticipated lecture, which is set to take place on Apr. 25 at the Greek Theatre. Probably the coolest thing to take place at the Greek since that Steely Dan show this summer (derisiveness of this comment projected entirely toward Steely Dan and the Greek Theatre, not His Holiness).

Worth camping out over night for, though? Apparently so. Students began camping out around 10 p.m last night, many of them completing their consumer-spiritual quest as late as 5 p.m today.

And if you, in a disastrous priority misplacement, decided to sleep last night or go to class today, don’t fret—tickets go on sale for the general public on Mar. 23.

(Update: See more photos and video here.)

Image Source: Jill Cowan (Previously:/Joe/ /ジョー/ under Creative Commons. )
Thousands Line Up for Dalai Lama Lecture [Daily Cal]

Nelma said:

Every time i come here I am not dissapointed, nice post

Natalie said:

This is a comment to the admin. I came to your “The Daily Clog » His Holiness Versus Sleep” page via Google but it was hard to find as you were not on the first page of search results. I see you could have more visitors because there are not many comments on your site yet. I have found a website which offers to dramatically increase your rankings and traffic to your site: http://aerotraffic.com/web-traffic/. I managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services, you could also get lot more targeted visitors than you have now. I used their services and got significantly more traffic to my website. Hope this helps :) Take care.