Engage Her, billed as a multicultural women’s leadership conference, will come to the Berkeley campus at the end of April. The conference is advertising big names in the women’s movement, like Gloria Steinem, Dolores Huerta and Helen Zia. And the conference goal?

(T)o ensure that women and multicultural communities become the new majority in decision making roles in corporations, government and media to ensure that our issues and concerned are being addressed for our families, communities and nation.

Not at the prices they’re charging they won’t.

Yes, we’re excited to have such an exciting conference and array of workshops on campus, but have you seen the prices for tickets? Students will get a big deal at $75. Tickets go up to $175.

By “multicultural,” we assume the conference means to include people of color. On a socioeconomic level, people of color are often less well off than the typical white counterpart. Hell, we’re white and middle class, and $75 is still steep for us. So let’s be multicultural, but we’re going to charge you an arm and a leg to be included, mmkay?

Here are the seductive workshops you’ll be missing: leadership skills, educational issues, health and sexuality, economic issues, environmental issues, media stereotypes, social justice issues, family work/life issues, cultural stereotypes, feminism and womanism, arts and careers, career and networks.

When: Saturday, April 25 and Sunday, April 26
Where: Valley Life Sciences Building
Cost: $75 for students, $150 before April 1, $175 after April 1

Image Source: Wikimedia Commons (Library of Congress)
Engage Her [Website]

Betty Friedan said:

I say we barge in and refuse to pay. We could make a scene for Gloria to see.

UCB Mech E said:

File this one under “Clog does a good job pointing out the ironies of life at Cal, but the actual subject of the article is a big who-gives-a-fuck

Nat said:

Yo, UCB Mech E, there might be a community of people out there who do give a fuck about women’s issues, especially as they intersect with multiculturalism and multivocality. Do you know what a feminist is?

what are heirloom seeds said:

If you don

low pass filter said:
Feb 29, 2012 at 11:01 am

I really like your writing style, good information, thank you for posting :D . “In university they don’t tell you that the greater part of the law is learning to tolerate fools.” by Doris Lessing.

Filmy do pobrania said:

whoah this blog is magnificent i really like reading your posts. Stay up the good paintings! You realize, many individuals are looking around for this information, you can help them greatly.

Wilber Montell said:

My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a variety of websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

leczenie chorob said:

Some genuinely nice and useful information on this website, besides I think the design and style holds excellent features.

camsex said:

Hi mate. I truly just like the writing of your texts as well as your current hompegae all in all! The write-up is actually extremely clearly written and also effortlessly understandable. Your current Blog style is impressive as well! Would be great to discover exactly where My partner and i are able obtain this. If possible keep up the excellent work. All of us need a lot more these webmasters just like you on the internet and also much less spammers. Fantastic mate!

hid said:

heavy machines that are bulkier and immensely powerful. They are the best flown outdoors

Jenny said:

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

Monroe Barocio said:

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Johnette Gwyn said:

Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog stand out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Appreciate it

RCH said:

Great resources here. I will be back for the next your posting. keep writing and happy blogging.

herbal remedy said:

I enjoy your homepage, the way I like air. Ok just kidding but really good thoughts though .

Graphing Calculator said:

Keep working ,splendid job!

Raul H said:

Lots of good information in your posting, I would like to tweet your post so I can visit again in the near future.

usmle forums said:

Great stuff from you, man. Ive read your stuff before and youre just too awesome. I love what youve got here, love what youre saying and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart. I cant wait to read more from you. This is really a great blog.

selena gomez nude said:

god you guys like this hoe cus she looks good.

http://mu.kingsjournalism.com/tupacshakurquotes/ said:

[...]very {few|couple of|handful of} {websites|web sites|internet sites|sites|internet websites|web-sites} that {happen|occur|take place|transpire|come about} {to be|to become} {detailed|comprehensive|in depth} {below|beneath}, from our point of view…

[...]Here is a good Blog You might Find Interesting that we Encourage You[...]…