105046-0401taxbrucker-01

We’ve been bombarded with news of epic economic recession, failing newspapers and tuition hikes, but at least we could take comfort in the fact that the sales tax on what we can still afford has remained the same for almost two decades.

Until today. The statewide sales tax was just raised a point, from 8 to 9 percent. But apparently we here in Berkeley already pay a 9.75 percent tax, so we suppose this doesn’t actually affect us directly, but we’re still going to complain about it anyways.

South Gate reportedly has the highest sales tax in the state, at 10.25 percent. So, on the bright side, at least we’re not in South Gate … among other reasons. Happy shopping folks.

Image Source: Lara Brucker, Daily Cal
Temporary 1 Percent Sales Tax Increase Goes Into Effect [Daily Cal]

Zonia Afalava said:

I definitely wanted to jot down a simple comment in order to say thanks to you for these stunning suggestions you are posting on this website. My particularly long internet look up has at the end of the day been rewarded with excellent details to go over with my neighbours. I ‘d assert that we website visitors actually are definitely lucky to dwell in a great network with so many marvellous individuals with valuable plans. I feel very much fortunate to have used the website page and look forward to some more fabulous moments reading here. Thanks once again for a lot of things.

Samantha said:

This is a comment to the admin. I came to your “The Daily Clog » Sales Tax in Berkeley Now 9.75 Percent, Sadly, Not a Joke” page via Google but it was hard to find as you were not on the front page of search results. I see you could have more visitors because there are not many comments on your site yet. I have found a website which offers to dramatically increase your rankings and traffic to your website: http://aerotraffic.com/web-traffic/. I managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services, you could also get lot more targeted visitors than you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) Take care.