.!.
.!.

So we didn’t exactly get to see the Dalai Lama at the Greek Theater on Saturday

The Hunting Party the movie

, thereby missing a unique opportunity to see one of the world’s most famous and inspirational spiritual leaders give what may have been a life-changing speech about compassion, forever making us hopeless humanitarians that want nothing more than to join the Peace Corps and make the world a better place and adopt Ugandan infants, but we assure you, we’re not bitter about it. It’s the world’s loss.

Apparently, while we poor Berkeley students were denied, Sharon Stone somehow got in to give some kind of painfully slow preliminary speech (and who, according to LiveJournal may or may not have been tipsy).

Richard Blum, who funded the Blum Center for Developing Economies–the groundbreaking ceremony for which happened this past Thursday (during which Al Gore received a Berkeley medal but Blum did not)–received a Berkeley medal at the event. Man, that’s the third one Bobby B’s given out in two weeks.

His Holiness sat cross-legged in his throne (read: armchair) in the center of the stage, speaking about things like compassion, world peace and his fear of certain furry insects. Students praised his relatable sense of humor and his honesty. One said: “You expect holy people to be more timid, but he didn’t seem like it.”

And is that a Cal visor we see? He then headed over to San Francisco, where he’s been serving pasta, hanging out at The Ritz and waving at us. That’s right folks, we got a personal wave from His Holiness on Market Street. Okay, it might have been while he was driving by with his police posse, but still.

And if you still haven’t seen enough, check out the new documentary starring His Holiness. We hear it’s narrated by Harrison Ford.

Image Source: Victoria Chow, Daily Cal
Berkeley Welcomes Dalai Lama [Daily Cal]

A Sound of Thunder movie full

Panda said:

I got to see the Dalai Lama spin at the Greek on Saturday, one of the best sets of my life! He dropped some sick tracks like “Dalai Lama – Tibetan Beats” and “Holy Break”. It was fucking awesome. He started off with some proggy techno, and then throughout the night he upped the tempo, and DJ Tiesto opened up the night for him.

Anyways, I just want to thank the Dalai Lama for the best day of my life. I was pretty thizzed out too and he for sure lived up to expectations! I think he set was even better than Daft Punk at the Greek!

UC Berkeley presentation by the Dalai Lama « FUTURE PREDICTIONS CONTRIBUTE YOUR PREDICTION said:
Aug 21, 2009 at 9:57 pm

[...] to actor Sharon Stone, UC Berkeley Chancellor Robert Birgeneau and AHF Chairman Richard Blum for warming up the crowd and [...]

I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put in writing this blog. I am hoping the same high-grade site post from you in the upcoming as well. Actually your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own web site now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings fast. Your write up is a good example of it.

web proxy sites said:

This it is a great piece of information. But first of all I must salute all the visitors. Salve. And now I must say that I have post http://clog.dailycal.org/2009/04/27/his-holiness-has-good-sense-of-humor-also-afraid-of-caterpillars/ on my Twitter profile. And this because at long last I found what I was looking for. What you say here is really respectable information. In the second I saw this tittle, The Daily Clog » His Holiness Has Good Sense of Humor, Also, Is Afraid of Caterpillars, in my google search I was very happy. Maybe I found something like this here http://www.toplevel-proxy.com/web-proxy-sites , I’m not sure but I thing it was the same. All the best

Isaias Timpone said:

Hey very cool blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally…I’m glad to seek out a lot of helpful information here in the publish, we need develop extra strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing.