1482685365_2eabcb3d83

If you’re still in Berkeley right now, it probably means you’re up here for the long summer haul. It probably also means a sizable chunk of your friends are no longer in the area and you’re starting to realize your Saturday nights are looking a little more lonely than you anticipated when you signed up for this whole “summer” thing. Actually, now that you think about it, so are your Saturday days.

Well, this weekend your luck may change–er, if you consider not being bored witless getting lucky. Here’s what’s up:

Berkeley World Music Festival: Hustle & Flow on dvd Globe-trot down Telegraph Avenue and through People’s Park from 12 to 9 p.m. on Saturday and experience a wide variety of international crafty and musical goodness. We’d guess the musical offerings are pretty hit-or-miss, but some of it’s bound to be entertaining and it’s all free.

Saturday Night Stargazing: Once you’ve perused the shit out of the world music on Telegraph, you can go hit on nerds or small children at Lawrence Hall of Science’s semi-monthly “stargazing” shindigs. Talk to astronomers and hunt down constellations while trying not to get distracted by the baller views of the bay from 9 to 11 p.m. Oh, and it, too, is free admission.

Image Source: odalaigh under Creative Commons

buy D-War Breathless release Danny the Dog hd Berkeley world Music Festival [Web site

Tarzan Escapes video

]
Saturday Night Stargazing [Events Calendar 12 Rounds buy ]