If asked whether the Berkeley-Stanford rivalry reached to the highest levels of government, most people would probably answer “no.” And they’d probably be right. But it’s at least a little interesting to note that Steven Chu (secretary of energy and former big cheese of Lawrence Berkeley National Lab) and current Stanford professor Mark Jacobson point in different directions for the future of biofuels.

Example:

Jacobson has stated that, “Biofuels are the most damaging choice we could make in our efforts to move away from using fossil fuels“; and Chu has stated that, “developing the next generation of biofuels is key to our effort to end our dependence on foreign oil and address the climate crisis, while creating millions of new jobs that can’t be outsourced“.

Whichever future ends up happening, we hope it includes* copious amounts of soylent green.

*doesn’t include

The Future of Biofuels [USdepartmentofenergy]
Jacobson and Chu offer different futures for biofuels [Examiner]
Earlier: Your Daily Dose of Chu

whoah this weblog is wonderful i really like reading your posts. Stay up the great work! You realize, lots of individuals are searching round for this information, you can aid them greatly.

car mats direct said:

The consumer isn’t a moron; she is your wife….

I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specifically the last part :) I care for such info much. I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck….