3027294883_c3b0ccdf8aAfter discovering the latest omen of the world’s coming demise, the Clog encourages Berkeley students to put down their books and enjoy their short-lived time on Earth.

The art of prophecy is a treacherous one, friends. It carries with it the risk of dredging up divinations far more damning than we care to comprehend. And by divinations we mean janky websites; and by damning we mean … well, Wal-Mart.

People of Walmart may hold a ring of communism in its moniker; and we suppose it’s possible to extract a weird kind of commentary on class struggle from the depths of its dubious contents. But we’re fairly sure Marx would have chucked his Manifesto if he’d had a gander at what is essentially an Anthology of the Very Terrible: pictures of Wal-Mart shoppers doing what they do best, which, for lack of better description, is really just shopping at Wal-Mart.

This is a somewhat unusual situation in which the apocalyptic nature of our augury is manifold. For which is truly worse—the photographs themselves (which range in impact from hilarious to horrifying) or the fact that this forum actually exists? Or, for that matter, that we’re validating it with a post? We’d dwell on it longer, but continued web-surfing has now distracted us with this, and we’re kind of just waiting to welcome Armageddon with open arms.

Image Source: theleetgeeks under Creative Commons
People of Walmart [PeopleofWalmart]
Another Wal-Mart Shoplifter Is Killed [Huffington Post]
Earlier: Blame it on the Kitteh