Every year, Homecoming leaves us with a taste of … disappointment … in our mouths, whether it be from football flops, midterm season or something else. But you can at least always count on a variety of campus events every Homecoming week to sweeten that taste (which is kind of like sour apples) just a little bit. So with that in mind, read below the jump for a somewhat-officialistical schedule of Homecoming to-do’s.

Tuesday

*Acts on Sproul from noon to 1 p.m. on Upper Sproul Plaza. Sounds pretty generic: “Come and watch your fellow student groups as they put on a showcase of their culture and talents.”
*UCRC Fashion Show at 7 p.m. in the Heller Lounge. Hmm, we’ve seen Cal fashion shows before and … well,  let’s just say they weren’t nearly as interesting as other shows.

Wednesday

*Acts on Sproul again. Same time, same place, same Bat channel.
*UCRC Colloquium at 8 p.m. in the Alumni House. We hope this is different from the 6 to 8 p.m. event scheduled at the Alumni House, at least on the Homecoming site. Because that one is invite-only, and we don’t like invite-only events … when we don’t get invited. Oh, poo.

Thursday

*Acts on Sproul. Again.
*Dance and Casino Night! 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Alumni House. We’ve never been, but it sounds intriguing to say the least. Dress is semi-formal, Cal ID is required, admission is free, plus there’ll be a drawing for amazing prizes like katanas Kaplan courses. Oh wait, it was way cooler when we thought samurai swords were involved.

Friday

*UCRC Homecoming BBQ at 6 p.m. in Spieker Plaza.
*UCRC Homecoming Rally at Haas Pavilion, right after the BBQ at 8 p.m.
*Star Trek. Get excited.

Saturday

*1868 Cal Avenue Fair from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Memorial Glade. The official description: “a variety of student groups showcase the diversity of the Berkeley campus by providing guests with food, games, and entertainment before the homecoming football game.” Pray tell how does that showcase diversity, exactly?
*Free ice cream from Fenton’s, same time same place as the above. Mmmm.
*Football.

Image Source: minwoo under Creative Commons
Student Homecoming [Site]
Earlier: Homecoming: The Book: The Movie: The Blog Post

robert basler said:

Hey, thanks for linking to my humor blog. please come back often and bring your friends.

bests,
Bob Basler
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/2009/09/24/ya-want-me-back-in-the-shower-mr-hitchcock/