If you missed the media circus that was Michael Jackson’s funeral (literally, Barnum & Bailey elephants were parading down the street), it’s not too late to celebrate the life and legend of the King of Pop.

Today, Oct. 1, from 3:00 p.m.6:00 p.m. a symposium entitled Michael Jackson: Critical Reflection on a Life and Phenomenon will be held in the Sibley Auditorium. It’s hosted by the Center for Race and Gender, so expect lectures along those lines. Deets after the jump.

Panel A, entitled “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough: Artistry, Legacy, and Performance,” will feature such speakers as:

Dr. Rickey Vincent of San Francisco City College, on “Michael Jackson: The Original Post Racial Soul Brother”

Megan Pugh of UC Berkeley, on “Who’s Bad?: Michael Jackson’s Movements

Regina Arnold of Stanford University, on “Profit Without Honor: Michael Jackson In and Out of America, 1984-2009″

Prof. Tamara Roberts of UC Berkeley, on “I’m Not Gonna Spend My Life Being A Color”

And then Panel B—”Man in the Mirror: Race, Sexuality, and Representation”—will be as follows:

Prof. Andreana Clay of San Francisco State University, on “‘Working Day and Night’: Performing Black Manhood as the King of Pop”

Seth Clark Silberman, on “This is Not It: Recognizing Michael Jackson TM In What Remains”

Cecilia Cissell Lucas of UC Berkeley, on “Michael, Michael, On The Line

Daddy is the best father: Teary daughter Paris [YouTube]
MICHAEL JACKSON: CRITICAL REFLECTION ON A LIFE & A PHENOMENON [Berkley Center For Race and Gender]