Jonathan Safran Foer, author of one of the Clog’s favorite books, “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close,” will be at the Multicultural Community Center (in the MLK Student Union Center) on Friday, Nov. 6.

He’s coming to promote his first nonfiction work, Eating Animals, a book about why people shouldn’t eat animals. It really seems to be a theme in Berkeley this year. Seriously, when’s Ingrid Newkirk gonna come and speak?

The book has already won the favor of Oprah and converted Natalie Portman to veganism. Portman explains how Foer takes a stab at Pollan:

He posits that consideration, as promoted by Michael Pollan in The Ominvore’s Dilemma, which has more to do with being polite to your tablemates than to your own ideals, would be absurd if applied to any other belief (e.g., I don’t believe in rape, but if it’s what it takes to please my dinner hosts, then so be it).

Just goes to show: even when you’re preaching to the choir, they’ll still criticize your sermon.

Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer [YouTube]
Acclaimed novelist Jonathan Safran Foer book signing at the Multicultural Center on November 6 [ASUC]
Natalie Portman: Jonathan Safran Foer’s Eating Animals Turned Me Vegan [HuffingtonPost]

w said:

snark snark snark

Marty Sheasby said:

I think other site proprietors should take this web site Peyton Manning Authentic Jersey as an model, very clean and great user friendly style and design, let alone http://www.officialnflbroncosshop.com/peyton-manning-jerseys-c-21 the content. You are an expert in this topic!

Fantastic blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused .. Any suggestions? Many thanks!