LSI

BAM/PFA is a kool thing. Those of you who, 19 years after the unofficial “k” shift, are still spelling “cool” like your parents, well, you might as well just stop reading now. Not only was the Bancroft museum purposely built to house tall, well-dressed people who thrive amidst the color gray, but apparently music sounds sounds good there too. Hence, the launch of Friday [email protected] Nights at BAM, which will include booze, music, artsy guests and kultural stimulation of all sorts. The events below:

Beforehand, beer/wine/DJ will be served from 5 to 7 p.m.

Oh, but first: Zine Mart, a 2-week exhibit on East Bay DIY stuff, hits the museum on Nov. 13.

On Nov. 13, a book signing by Ari Marcopoulos, Ken Miller and Paul Schiek. The book is “SHOOT: Photography of the Moment.”

On Nov. 20, Jacquelyn Bass (an art historian,) Walter Hood (a landscape architecture professor) and Lawrence Rinder (BAM/PFA director) will read from their book, “Learning Mind: Experience Into Art.” We seriously dig the title.

On Dec. 4, Ellen Fullman will play the Long String Instrument (which she invented). It will stretch acrooooooooooss the room.

In the O ’10, you can look forward to:

Noise bands, courtesy of Franklin Melendez, and “experiences” rooted in literature and film provided by Anne Colvin on Feb. 19.

Beginning Jan. 29, on the last Friday of each month there will be multi-screen projections accompanied by live music and spoken word.

WOW!!

Image Source: cactusbones under Creative Commons.
BAM/PFA kicks off edgy Friday night series [News Center]