Well, maybe. A forthcoming Department of Justice Report will find that Yoo-Know-Hoo did NOT, in fact, violate his “professional obligations” as a deputy assistant attorney general in the Bush administration. Apparently, the department that arbitrates that fickle b*tch, Justice, opted to “soften” an earlier version of the report, which had said that, yes, in justifying alleged torture Yoo screwed up not only in general, but also in his capacity as a professional.

That’s why this version of the report comes as kind of a blow to the people who hate John Yoo with the fire of a thousand suns and hope to direct some of that fire into his firing from Boalt Hall. (Zingo!) For those of you still keeping score at home, he is still a professor on our campus.

The law school people didn’t have much to say on the matter, but Stephanie Tang from World Can’t Wait made it clear where her camp stands:

“This report is not at all the last word on this ongoing battle against torture,” Tang said. “I think Bush and Cheney and their entire torture team should be prosecuted and brought to justice for crimes against humanity and war crimes. We will have more to say.”

Alas, the battle rages on.

I Can’t get enough of you, Baby- Smash Mouth [YouTube]
Anticipated Report To Clear Professor Yoo of Misconduct [Daily Cal]

ClogOdumbA said:
Feb 4, 2010 at 5:26 pm

The Clog sucks piss, and no one reads it.

zabawki sklep said:
Jun 14, 2011 at 12:36 am

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don’t know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!