bill nye

In case you forgot (and if you have, then we applaud you on managing to escape the 90s nostalgia that, we imagine, continues to rage in dormitories everywhere), between 1993 and 1998 Bill Nye was a guy with a TV show on PBS. The theme song entailed a voice shouting “Bill!” over and over, interjected by three phrases: “science rules,” “inertia is a property of matter,” and “T minus seven seconds.”

Now, it looks like he has been snatched up in Cal’s science talons. By that, we mean he collaborated with Cal scientists at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory to create a website that aims to educate kids about the effects of climate change. There will be an exhibit to accompany the launch of the website at the Chabot Space and Science Center in Oakland this December. If you are a child and wish to know more about climate change, then this might be the right thing to check out.

According to Allan Chen, spokesperson for Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Bill Nye is a mechanical engineer and actually knows what he’s talking about. Little known fact.

Image Source: absentmindedprof under Creative Commons
Scientists, Bill Nye Help Build Web Site for Kids [Daily Cal]

Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your site is so cool. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched everywhere and just could not come across. What a great web site.

Wojtek Jabłoński said: