Perhaps you’ve been to a Worth Ryder gallery opening to check out your friend’s staticky TV hanging from a wire (art.) Perhaps you’ve been to BAM’s Friday [email protected] Nights series to observe your favorite group of people in its natural habitat. Perhaps you’ve seen that one decrepit but insanely well dressed old dude positioning himself odd and still on Sproul (performance art.) But we bet you’ve never seen professor art. Holy crap – now (through December), on campus, is your chance!

Jean-Paul Bourdier teaches architecture here at Cal. He also takes photos of naked people with body paint in the desert. Essentially. In any case, 20 of his photographs are on display in 220 Stephens Hall through Dec. 17. The exhibit is called “Body of Light: Photographs of Jean-Paul Bourdier.”

His work deals with the oneness of humans with the environment. Essentially. The subjects in the paintings are painted so as to blend in with the environmental backdrops against which they are photographed. This Clogger will leave his opinion of Bourdier’s art out of this here fine, objective piece of journalism. We will say, however, that the paint jobs on these people are pretty friggin’ good. We thought they were Photoshopped for sure, but actually none of Bourdier’s photos are digitally altered. A slide show of some of his work is presented here.

When you check this out, let us know what you think!

Image Source: misspixels under Creative Commons
In Townsend Center exhibit, architecture prof Jean-Paul Bourdier ‘explores the infinite potentials of photography’ [News Center]

Link Building Services said:

Hello there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this web site.