And now for something a little different: A round-up! Of awards that the Clog is awarding to Homecoming events! Based on their titles! Dumb? Whatever. Here are the full listings for the student homecoming events (Oct. 4-9) and the weekend events for everybody, if you’d rather wade through them yourself.

So, without further ado …

-Most Stampede-y: Student Homecoming T-Shirt Giveaway (Oct. 4, 12:30 p.m. on Upper Sproul Plaza)

-Laziest: Guided Stroll Around Central Campus (Led by a student ambassador)

-Awesome: Glorious Total Solar Eclipses (Lecture by Alex Filippenko, Oct. 8, 5-6 p.m. in Sibley Auditorium)

-Numerologically  Most Fortuitous: Class of 1955 55th reunion ($55-luncheon)

-Least Usefully Punctuated: “Founders’ Rock!” Exhibition (Second floor of Doe Library)

-Most Incredibly Awkward: Tie between the Alreigh Williams Forum: The Value of High Performance Teams, featuring Cal Men’s Rugby Coach Jack Clark and an event called “Can Cal Afford Athletics: A Conversation with Sandy Barbour” (Both on Oct. 8, during the afternoon)

-Most Deceptively Pretentious-Sounding: The Art of Narrative Film Technique (Lecture with probably great movie clips by Marian Fabe, Oct. 8, 3:30-4:30 p.m. at BAM)

-Least Likely to Actually Get You Drunk: Intoxicating Plants of the Garden ($15, UC Botanical Garden)

-Most Likely to Get You Drunk (If You’re Invited): The Cal Parents Fund Breakfast for Leadership Donors (For donors who have contributed $2,500 or more and their families)

-Also Pretty Stampede-y: Homecoming Pre-Rally Barbeque (Oct. 8, 6-8 p.m. at Spieker Plaza, free food!)

-Most Like Your High School Homecoming Events on Steroids: Homecoming Rally!! (Oct. 8, 8-9 p.m. at Haas Pavilion)

-Best-Attended: Cal Football vs. UCLA (Oct. 9, 12:30 p.m. kick-off, obviously at Memorial Stadium)

Let us know in the comments if you’ve got any nominations of your own.

2Pac – California Love [YouTube]
Homecoming 2010 [Website]
Student Homecoming [Cal Alumni Association]

Evelyne Slemp said:

I haven’t checked in here for a while since I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)

emu360v1.4.rar said:

hey there and thank you in your info ? I have definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points the usage of this website, since I experienced to reload the website a lot of instances previous to I may just get it to load correctly. I were thinking about if your hosting is OK? Now not that I’m complaining, however sluggish loading cases occasions will very frequently impact your placement in google and can injury your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I’m adding this RSS to my email and could glance out for a lot extra of your respective fascinating content. Make sure you replace this once more soon..