pinkberry

We know what you’re thinking: Aren’t there already like a bajillion yogurt places in Berkeley already? Well the answer is yes, but so what. Who doesn’t like yogurt? If you don’t then you should start because it is healthy and delicious which is really hard to find these days.

At last week’s Berkeley City Council meeting, the city debated with the appellants, other yogurt shops, whether or not Pinkberry should be allowed to open on Telegraph. The appellants argued that there business would be threatened by yet another yogurt shop, especially one as popular as Pinkberry. Telegraph commercial district is supposed to limit the number of quick-service restaurants to 30 though there are already 43. Exemptions are made for stores with a use permit.

The decision? Pinkberry was able to obtain a permit and will be opening on Telegraph! Woo-hoo. In Pinkberry’s defense, it still has some differentiating characteristics: in addition to yogurt, they sell fruit parfaits, bowls and smoothies, and they also have really fancy tra-la-la toppings you can’t find anywhere else.

On a final note, in case you thought there could be nothing nauseating about Pinkberry, just visit their website. To our horror, upon entering the website, we discovered that Pinkberry now has a song.

“Sorry ice cream, I am dreaming of a different desert. Pinkberry shaved ice and frozen yogurt. It doesn’t feel like I’m cheating when I am eating it, ‘cuz it’s healthy, I feel better already.”

And try not to listen to it too much (which we had to do to procure these lyrics) because its hauntingly catchy.

Image Source: eraine under Creative Commons
Berkeley City Council meeting report

Porthos said:

Are you aware that your newspaper did this exact same story? Haha.

To Porthos said:

Yes, they’re aware. That’s why they linked to it (see: “Who doesn’t like yogurt?”)

Monica said:

fyi ur kidding urself if u think that frozen yogurt is health food
but yes it’s better for u than ice cream
http://www.naturalnews.com/029038_frozen_yogurt_health_food.html