UC Berkeley graduate Sarah Shourd is one of the three American hikers who were imprisoned in Iran. She was taken with her now-fiancé Shane Bauer and friend Josh Fattal — both UC Berkeley graduates. Of the three, she is the only one who has been released. To build support for her imprisoned friends, Sarah Shourd released a music video for her original song, “Piece of Time.” Take a look.

Freed US hiker Sarah Shourd releases music video after release from Iranian jail [Adelaide Now]

Lori Anders said:

Why not take the nexus of students/music/video/politics/action journalism/internet a step further? Student journalism is well suited to affect and change the policies of governments and the norms of society. As an example of student journalism’s clout, consider what some are saying on the radio. This may be the top story of 2010-2011.

Heard on radio today:

“…instead of continuing to be an unfocused variety of scattered energies, the young have found a way to harness their power into a sharp unified force that, in 2011, can lead the world into the first global economic surge powered by drastic global educational reform. The young went global with Rocky Pop(Rockefeller Aldrich Kennedy-Popton)’s site on October 15th, 2010, and they’re going to go ultraviral with it on New Year’s Day…”

Find out more at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/10/prweb4646214.htm