baseballGood news for Cal athletes, coaches and fans: A group of ambitious parents and alumni refused to take no for an answer when Chancellor Robert Birgeneau first announced that five sports teams were being cut (because, of course, a pay cut simply wouldn’t do).

They formed the soon-to-be-officially-non-profit Cal Baseball Foundation and have been working hard to secure $25 million in pledges, the amount necessary to sustain all five sports programs for the next 10 years, according to rigorous scientific calculations by campus officials.

And now … drumroll, please … only $9 million to go! Whoo!

The moral of the story? Baseball is obviously superior to rugby or gymnastics (hence the name of the website, www.savecalbaseball.com, and their group, Cal Baseball Foundation). But also, a lot of people really do care about Cal’s sports teams, and there’s hope for them yet.

Image source: Nathan Yan

Aran said:
Feb 4, 2011 at 10:31 am

The part about our mediocre baseball team being better than a 25 time national championship rugby team is a joke, right?

tiffany outlet said:

Here’s hoping there’s a lot more top-notch earthly coming!

Thomas said:

Hi, my name is Thomas. I’m a student at a university. I am writing to know if you’re interested in trading backlinks. It would help me a lot as my website is a source of income for me. In return I can offer you a backlink from a home page on a domain with more than 1000 links pointing to it. Send me an email if you are interested: [email protected]. Please forgive me if you receive this message multiple times. I will answer all emails within 24 hours. Regards, Thomas

long feather earrings said:

Many thanks for an unbelievable submit, will examine one’s others posts. thanks for your ideas for this, I felt a bit struck by this text. Merit again! You earn a great point. Got some wonderful report here. I do think that when more people thought of it like this, they’d have got a better time obtain the suspend ofing the issue.

Czesław Jasiński said: