trophyWe know what you’re thinking: You haven’t gotten your weekly dose of Berkeley bragging. Well, here it is.

Martin White, professor of both physics and astronomy here at UC Berkeley was recently awarded a Guggenheim fellowship. If you’re smart enough to be one of the 180 scholars, artists and scientists from the United States and Canada to receive one of these grants, then your life’s looking pretty sweet for the six to 12 months it lasts.

The once-in-a-lifetime grant (literally) allows its recipient to work with limited restrictions. What is White going to do with his newfound money? He plans to use data from the Baryon Oscillation Spectroscopic Survey (BOSS), which attempts to constrain dark energy and theories of gravity (whatever that means).

Image Source: Shorts and Longs | The Both And under Creative Commons
Astronomer Martin White named 2011 Guggenheim Fellow [UC Berkeley NewsCenter]

Hello would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working with? I’m looking to start my own blog soon but I’m having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique. P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

Korneli Ostrowski said:

Hi, this is a Wonderful article. I like a lot this article, I have liked it on FB.