Really? You can’t? Considering that Cal baseball has been relentlessly scrapping and clawing since long before the start of this year, we at the Clog remain completely unsurprised that they’ve pulled off yet another miracle to keep their season alive.

In an elimination game against Baylor, Cal managed to erase a 7-1 deficit — including four runs in the final inning — to win 9-8 in walk-off fashion and move on to host their first ever NCAA Super Regional. They are now only two wins away from the College World Series.

What we do find surprising, however, are the considerable similarities between Danny Fry’s exciting, yet painfully shrilling call in the ninth inning, and Joe Starkey’s legendary and equally high-pitched call during “The Play” in 1982. Oh, the power of sports, to turn a grown man into an adolescent boy with the swing of a bat.

And luckily for Cal fans, we can support our team this weekend as the NCAA Super Regional against Dallas Baptist will be played at Santa Clara’s Stephen Schott Baseball Stadium beginning Saturday, June 11. Tickets will be $10 with a student ID and $15 without. Tickets are available for purchase through the Cal Athletic Ticket Office either by calling (800) GO BEARS or showing up in person at 2223 Fulton Street.

Let us know if you attend the games this weekend and what you think about the call.

Cal baseball walkoff over Baylor Danny Fry KALX Berkeley 90.7 FM [YouTube]
Cal baseball rallies past Baylor in 9th to advance [SFGate]
Cal to Play Dallas Baptist at Santa Clara [calbears.com]

görüntülü sohbet said:

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thanks!

Korneli Ostrowski said:

Long feather EArrings said:

Thanks for a tremendous submit, would study your others content. thank you your ideas within this, I experienced a trifle struck by this text. Thanks again! You make a good aspect. Portrays natures best by the excellent data here. I feel that in case a greater number of people thought of it like that, they’d have a very better time have the hold ofing the situation.