F**********!!!!!

If you’re incredibly thrilled about returning to school or finally getting out of your parents’ house (we’re looking at you, freshmen and Haas MBA students), nothing will snatch that enthusiasm, throw it on the ground and spit on it more than move-in day (move-out day is just as dreadful, but we’ll write about that in nine months). And if one day wasn’t enough, Cal housing has decided that Move-in Weekend is a much better way to extend the misery.

Why does move-in day(s) suck, you ask?

1. Where did the summer go? — Contrary to what the September equinox says, your summer has officially ended.

2. Way too many people all at once — The chaos of move-in day leads to even less street parking, leading to even more illegal street parking, leading to even more nightmare traffic and finally leading to even more costly parking tickets.

3. Why would you bring that? — With move-in day comes the realization that most of what you packed is stupid and unnecessary and your back (and roommates) will hate you for it.

4. Embarrassing parents — Public parental sobbing after the realization that their baby has left the nest is always a good way to start off your semester, right?

5. “I call dibs!” — Roommate bickering often begins early, leading to a long and healthy relationship.

6. No time for rest — Moving is exhausting. Fortunately, your plan of resting your first night back have taken a back seat to your roommate’s plan of partying your first night back. Woo-hoo!

Thankfully for us media folk, UC Berkeley Media Relations has released an advisory calling for all “credentialed news media” (we fit into that category, right?) to cover Move-in Weekend.

According to the advisory, an estimated 6,300 undergraduates, including 690 international and 880 out-of-state students, will reside in campus residence halls by the first day of school. Another 3,900 undergraduates and graduates will be moving into UC Berkeley-run apartments and family housing.

Looks like there will be plenty of crushed “move-in day” dreams to report this weekend.

Image Source: Just Us 3 under Creative Commons
Media Advisory: Thousands to move in to student housing this weekend [NewsCenter]

UK Black Teens said:

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My blog discusses a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!

glass door refrigerators for sale said:

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i am happy to convey that I’ve an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I most certainly will make certain to do not forget this site and give it a look on a constant basis.

triactol reviews said:

great post…

thanks for the great post!do you need a hurom hu 100 slow juicer comparison?…