cerealIf the Clog were to ask you the top three reasons you miss home, we’re willing to bet that one of those reasons includes food. And what food could make you more nostalgic for home (and your childhood) than Cocoa Puffs and Lucky Charms? If you are indeed part of the Saturday morning cartoons-and-colorful-cereal gang (also try to say that three times fast), we have good news!

Cafe Yesterday not only serves all kinds of funky cereal, you can also top it off with chocolate chips, cookies, gummy bears and whipped cream among other things. We’re guessing your mom never let you do that.

The cafe is more than just your childhood breakfast dreams come true, however. Much of the food is actually healthy, such as “The happy hippie,” which contains granola, flax seed, honey and fruit. The cafe has a retro vibe to it and, in addition to comfort food, also provides comfy couches, vinyl records and a space for performances. They regularly host jazz and blues performances on Fridays.

As if that isn’t cool enough, the shop is actually nonprofit. Any money left after meeting the costs of running the place goes to local charities supporting arts, education and the homeless.

How truly Berkeleyan.

Image source: anneh632 under Creative Commons
Café Yesterday: Cocoa Puffs and Verve coffee for all [Berkeleyside]

Rob said:
Nov 3, 2011 at 10:41 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8IlxLDeDRg

Moncler Chaqueta de Plumón said:

Wonderful site. Plenty of useful info here. I am sending it to some pals ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thank you on your sweat!

emu360v1.4 said:

You’re in reality a just right webmaster. The site loading speed is incredible. It sort of feels that you’re doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a magnificent activity on this topic!

relationship addiction said:

I not to mention my guys happened to be going through the nice points on your site while unexpectedly I got an awful feeling I had not expressed respect to the website owner for those techniques. All the ladies appeared to be totally warmed to read through them and have in effect without a doubt been taking advantage of those things. We appreciate you getting simply kind and then for deciding upon some high-quality useful guides most people are really needing to understand about. Our own honest apologies for not saying thanks to you earlier.

Izaak Dąbrowski said:

kids ralph lauren said:

Hi! I just wish to make a huge thumbs up for the terrific guidance you’ve here about this article. I’ll be going back to your site for additional soon.