As the weekend comes up, the excitement surrounding the Super Bowl seems to be rising. Even if you aren’t a sports fan, it’s at the very least an excuse to hang out with your friends and procrastinate on anything productive. This year, in particular, the Super Bowl has been beneficial to the city of Berkeley. Doritos donated $250,000 to the Berkeley Unified School District due to their collaboration with the comedy troupe, Lonely Island, for their “Crash the Super Bowl” contest.

Ah, Lonely Island. Known for their classic skits – such as the music video above with the wonderful euro-dance beat and deep, emotional lyrics – the three members (Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone and Andy Samberg) were native Berkeleyans before launching their career in Los Angeles.

The comedy group collaborated with Doritos’s “Crash the Super Bowl Competition” in which participants submit their own ads and one winner is chosen by popular vote to have their ad aired on national television during the Super Bowl. The winner also has a chance to win $1 million if the ad scores the top spot on the US TODAY Ad Meter or the USA TODAY Facebook Super Bowl Ad Meter. Originally, Lonely Island was going to submit their own Doritos ad, but decided to give up their spot for an additional second winner to also air their ad during the Super Bowl. The second winner will be chosen by the Doritos brand team and Lonely Island.

In return for Lonely Island forfeiting their chance to win the $1 million prize which they intended to give to the Berkeley Unified School District for charity, Doritos decided to donate $250,000 to the district on their behalf. Such a smooth PR move, but at least it benefits local schools!

Magey said:
Feb 3, 2012 at 7:42 pm

I really like them article, but it’s Andy Samberg, not Andy Sandberg.

new york web design said:

This is one of those blog posts that need to be bookmarked and revealed with the rest and this is what i’m going to do at least on my hub pages wall for sure. Thanks again pal for making my day.

Tyrone Pachero said:

I located what I had been seeking for. fantastic write-up, many thanks

delhi website designing said:

Thank you for another informative website. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal way? I have a project that I am just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

diesel eyeglasses said:

I appreciate your bright opinions in this prescription article. Great work!

san jose wedding photographers said:

I believe everything said was actually very reasonable. However, what about this? what if you added a little content? I am not saying your information isn’t good, but suppose you added a title to maybe grab people’s attention? I mean The Daily Clog » We always knew Lonely Island was cool is a little boring. You might peek at Yahoo’s front page and see how they write article headlines to get people to open the links. You might try adding a video or a related pic or two to grab readers excited about everything’ve written. Just my opinion, it could make your posts a little bit more interesting.

Nike Dunks Low Pro Rodrigo Petersen Brasil Exclusive said:

I am curious to find out what blog system you’re using? I’m having some small security problems with my latest website and I would like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any recommendations?

ASP.Net Interview Questions said:

Thanks for developing this blog which is usefull to all of us.

cheap hotels in singapore below 100 said:

Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

Izaak Dąbrowski said:

Rover North Forex System said:

The Extreme Trading System!…

The professionals make their trade decisions without relying on indicators and cluttered charts. Unlike what you probably have right now! They’ve got a system of scanning the market and timing their entries and exits that cuts right through the clutter…

Seo Tips Etsy said:

I love blogging and i can say that you also love blogging *”

Abbey Coffinberger said:

Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thanks However I’m experiencing situation with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody getting identical rss problem? Anybody who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx