fire

During the fire that consumed the West Oakland BART station early Thursday morning, Oakland police received reports of “suspicious people”.

The fire burned a four-story senior center, as well as the area surrounding the site, one street lamp and the headlights and rear-view mirror of a Toyota Camry on Fifth Street. Poor Toyota Camry, clearly it was the greatest sufferer in this morning’s blaze.

Oakland fire Battalion Chief Lisa Baker noted that there were reports of “suspicious people” around the area during the time the fire started. We’re not entirely sure what “suspicious people” look like. Further, who is up at 2 a.m. in the morning hanging around BART observing the so-called “suspicious people” around a melting construction site?

Moral of the story: if you’re at a BART early in the morning and there’s a fire, stop looking suspicious. Really. It won’t do you any good and you’ll be cited in news stories around the Bay.

Image source: john curley under Creative Commons

a4457289 said:

I’ve said that least 4457289 times. SKC was here…

northalice said:
Nov 23, 2012 at 4:08 am

Whenever you buy leather jacket from a reputed store you can observe a wide range of styles inside it. Some people want to create their jacket look unique. They’ve the option of making designs like name and symbols behind. A great store uses advanced techniques to make such prints so the printed design stays around the jacket for a long time despite daily use. Rockin leather is one such store that offers huge variety of leather jackets.
This will make you feel comfortable when you drive. These jackets have been developed specifically with superior ventilation system so that there’s sufficient air flow inside the outfit.
The leather to make these outfits originates from different sources like cow, elk, bull, deer etc. The raw skin of those animals must be treated with sealant to give a smooth texture. A lot of companies selling these outfits at cheap price don’t perform this chemical processing. Hence, always pick a good store when you want to buy a leather motorcycle jacket.

cheap north face jackets sale