Picture this. A green mountaintop. Wind blowing in a woman’s hair. Music playing in the background as she runs into the leather-jacketed arms of a hero. Sound familiar? If you’ve ever seen a Bollywood film it should.

Sharukh Khan

Through the years, the Hindi-Indian film industry has become pretty popular all around the world. It turns out cheesy songs and drawn-out love stories are entertaining to all cultures. One of the general rules of the genre is randomly breaking out into outrageous musical dance numbers. This can occur anywhere from airports and parks to beaches; generally every public location possible. Fantasy song sequences next to waterfalls and grassy plains are also recommended, as well as flying off to exotic locations for no conceivable reason. See why everyone loves them?

Now, Bollywood has evolved since the good ol’ days of more classically styled Hindi film. Nowadays dance sequences are as likely to happen in clubs as they are outside on a sunny day. Thankfully though, the sappy storylines and high emotions are still there for all to enjoy. Oh, and let’s not forget the fact that they’re so long they need intermissions halfway through. A literal intermission sign fades onto the screen after what we in America would conceive to be a full movie’s worth of action, reminding us that we’re only halfway through the ridiculous misunderstandings and shenanigans!

Enticed by the prospect of three hours of catchy songs and Indian jokes? Berkeley’s Indian Student Association shows Bollywood movies on campus regularly. Check out their schedule the next time you’re in the mood for a different kind of entertainment. They have English subtitles for anyone who doesn’t speak Hindi, so don’t stress there. Choose a movie, grab some popcorn, and get ready for some guaranteed fun!

Image source: Kadelle under Creative Commons

Sarah said:

Love this!

upcoming movies said:
Jan 1, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Now enjoy a great unlimited fun of your favorite upcoming and latest movies just click on the button and start your favorite movie in hd . So it’s a good news for all the fans who want to watch and download movies because now full movie is available at full-movieslink4net.blogspot.com to watch and download it free.

Super Bolly said:
Feb 28, 2013 at 6:15 am

Usually I don’t read article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice post.